Keysight N7004A | Optical-to-Electrical Converter, 33 GHz, für Infiniium Oszilloskope
Keysight N7004A | 33 GHz Optical-to-Electrical Converter for Infiniium Oscilloscopes with AutoProbe2 interface.
The Keysight N7004A optical-to-electrical converter is a high-sensitivity photodetector module designed for direct optical-to-electrical conversion of optical telecom or data com signals into an Infiniium real-time oscilloscope with AutoProbe II interface.
Traditionally, the sampling oscilloscope is the tool of choice for viewing and measuring optical signals with oscilloscopes. Sampling oscilloscopes provide a myriad of benefits in measuring optical signals with optimized reference receiver, low noise/jitter, and various measurement features optimized to characterize optical signals. On the other hand, real-time oscilloscopes are preferred for ample debug/troubleshooting capabilities and the ability to capture intermittent single-shot events with deep memory and fast sample rates.
The N7004A is the first fully-integrated optical-to-electrical converter solution for Infiniium real-time oscilloscopes. A full suite of optical measurement software is built into the Infiniium baseline software v 05.70 and is offered at no additional cost. The N7004A comes in a compact form factor that is plugged directly into the AutoProbe II probe interface of the Infiniium oscilloscope.
The adapter provides from DC to 33 GHz of electrical bandwidth. When used with an Infiniium V-Series or Z-Series 33 GHz oscilloscope, the N7004A allows users to view optical streams at speeds up to 28 Gbps, making this the ideal solution for characterizing or troubleshooting high-speed optical signals in the system level testing. The N7004A with an Infiniium real-time oscilloscope is the ideal solution for users who want to see the unfiltered response of optical transmissions as well.
Each N7004A adapter contains its unique S-parameter correction filter, and this frequency response data is used to flatten the frequency response for more accurate measurement.
The input is a 50 μm/125 μm fiber that can be used with 9 μm single-mode fiber or 50 μm multimode fiber at wavelengths from 750 to 1650 nm and has a FC/PC adaptor. The reference receiver measurement is made with a built-in 4th order Bessel Thomson software filter that allows the waveform to be viewed similarly to what an optical receiver in an actual communication system would display. The 4th order Bessel Thomson filter bandwidth is limited to 2/3 of the Brickwall bandwidth of the oscilloscope. For a 33 GHz oscilloscope with the Bessel Thomson filter on, this yields a 22 GHz Bessel Thomson filter, which covers 28 Gbps x 0.75 = 21 GHz.
Key Features & Specifications:
- DC coupled output
- 32 GHz (Warranted), 33 GHz (Typical) (-3dBe, electrical)
- Single-mode and multimode inputs
- 50/125 um, 750 nm -1650 nm (covers main wavelengths: 850nm, 1310nm, 1550 nm)
- FC/PC connector input
- 8 mWmax optical power
- Low pass filter (4thorder Bessel-Thomson filter or Brickwallfilter)
- Designed for reference receiver testing of industry optical standards or characterizing raw response of an optical transmitter
- Optical measurement features built into the Infiniium baseline software version 05.70 or higher
- Connector type: FC/PC to 50/125 μm fiber, compatible with single-mode or multimode fiber
- Compatible with Infiniium V-Series, 90000 X-Series, Z-Series and discontinued 90000 Q-Series real-time oscilloscopes
- Infiniium software features Optical measurements in watts, extinction ratio with dark calibration, eye mask testing (including ability to load DCA masks with margin and user defined mask support), power of 1 and 0, optical modulation amplitude, average power, remote command support for all new features
- Net weight: 350 g (0.77 lbs)
- Dimension (W x H x D): 50 mm x 60 mm x 140 mm
- N7004A: 33 GHz optical-to-electrical converter (including 1x optical-to-electrical converter module, 2x Fiber optic FS/FC-A1 connector, 2x FC dust cap and 1x carrying case)