Keysight M9049A | PCIe High Performance Host Adapter: Dual Port (x16), Gen 3
Keysight M9049A | PCIe High Performance Host Adapter: Dual Port (x16), Gen 3.
The M9049A is a PCIe interface card for computers with PCIe expansion slots. It provides an extremely high performance link from an external computer to an AXIe or PXIe Chassis. The M9049A has a flexible configuration capability. Each card has two Gen 3 x8 PCIe cable links capable of achieving speeds up to 8 GB/s on each port. These two ports can be combined into a single x16 cable link providing a speed of up to 16 GB/s. This means a data-intensive system can be built using high-performance desktop or rack-mounted computers.
The M9049A utilizes a PCIe switch and clock isolation to provide a high quality clock source driven down the PCIe cable to the PXIe or AXIe chassis. Therefore, it always provides the same high-performance PCIe link regardless of the PC that it's placed in.
The card utilizes two x8 Molex cable connectors and should be used with x8 to x8 PCIe cables tested to operate at Gen 3 speeds such as the Keysight Y1202A or Y1203A. Operation is transparent to the software application and no software drivers are required.
Key Features & Specifications Applications
- Connecting an external computer to an AXIe or PXIe chassis
- Dual port PCIe adapter
- Enables AXIe chassis and PXIe chassis to be connected to a desktop or rack-mounted computer via standard x8 PCIe cables
- Dual-mode operation allows a single x16 connection to a single chassis or dual x8 connections to two chassis (switch-selectable)
- Dual PCIe x8 cable connectors and PCIe standard profile format for a x16 computer slot
- High performance Gen 3 PCIe cable link
- High data bandwidth (maximum 16 GB/s in x16 mode)
- Cable lengths up to 100 m using Samtec active optical x8 Gen 3 PCIe cables